Passengers with reduced mobility
Kutaisi International Airport welcomes passengers with reduced mobility or special requirements and recognizes, that every passenger with reduced mobility has varying individual needs and preferences.
When booking your flight, please notify your airline or travel agency, that you will require assistance at Kutaisi Airport. The airline or travel agency handling your booking, will pass this information on to us. Make sure to submit your request for assistance no later than 48 hours before departure. If your request is received later, we will still do our very best to assist you. However, you may have to wait for us longer.
Passengers with reduced mobility are assisted with the following services at no additional charge:
- Check-in desk/information desk.
- Assistance to access welfare facilities.
- Assistance to the departure gate.
- Assistance with check-in and screening procedures.
- Assistance with baggage retrival.
- Assistance for boarding and disembarkation.
- Assistance with customs and immigration pricedures.
Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) Services
Children can travel without the company of an adult from the age of five years old and are considered an Unaccompanied Minors (UMNRs).
Majority of airlines provide assistance services for children who are travelling by themselves. From check-in until arrival, your unaccompanied child is looked after by the airline. The rules vary from airline to airline, and there are no international guidelines for unaccompanied minors.
We suggest taking the time to look into the policy of your airline regarding unaccompanied minors. It is also recommended to check with your airline if the service incurs a fee, and what rules apply to your child's trip.
Please note, that it is important to book the service in advance, as the number of unaccompanied minors per flight is limited.
The child must hold a personal valid passport.
You will be asked to assist with check-in formalities, and remain at the airport until the aircraft has taken off.
Be sure to have the following
- The Child's full name
- Your relationship to the child
- Letter of Consent to travel
- Telephone number(s), including area code
- Child's date of birth
- Information about both the parent/guardian dropping off and the one picking him/her up.
- Contact information for an alternate designee at the child's destination.
- Make copies of the UM's itinerary for both the UM and the parent/guardian picking up the child in the destination city.
Travelling with pets
Kutaisi Airport provides animal transportation services. The animal shall only be carried in a kennel which meets the specifications of IATA (International Air Transport Association). As each airline has its own regulations and pet transportation charges, you are kindly requested to
contact your airline for the detailed information.